Learning Recommendations: Concurrent enrollment in MT300A/B - Common Core Algebra 2 and approval of instructor
General Description: CC Algebra 2 Lab provides a support structure for struggling students to achieve success in a CC Algebra 2 course. It will strive to accomplish this by providing further explanation, extra practice and review of previously learned concepts, as well as previews of upcoming material and preparation for tests and quizzes. Students must be concurrently enrolled in a CC Algebra 2 course.
Content: This course follows the concepts of CC Algebra 2.
Strategies: Students will learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Large group investigations and small group work
- Extended instruction
- Review of previously taught concepts and skills
Equipment to be provided by Student:
- A TI-brand graphing calculator (not CAS)
- Pencils and erasers
- Textbook: Discovering Advanced Algebra
- Composition book made of graphing paper (the school has one for sale for $1.50). This should be a separate graphing notebook from the one used for Common Core Algebra 2.