Learning Recommendations: Student should have an interest in free enterprise, money and investing.
General Description: This course gives students a basic understanding of the American economic system. This course examines the allocation of scarce resources and the economic reasoning used by people as consumers, producers, savers, investors, workers, voters, and as government agencies.
- Role of competition and private property
- Supply and demand
- Market structures
- Role of government in a free enterprise economic system
- Fiscal and monetary policy and investment options
- Money and the role of financial institutions
- Economic stabilization and trade
Strategies: Students learn through a combination of:
- Direct instruction
- Written assignments
- Use of technology
- Critical thinking
Equipment to be provided by Student: None